I'm getting so freaking close to being finished with my home office I can taste it! Over the weekend, my husband worked his booty off with some help from yours truly and my dad to install flooring, wainscoting, base molding and chair rail.
We're about 75% of the way there. I've started moving items back into my office - which is a relief since they were taking up the better part of my mini me design assistant's bedroom! We just need to do some patch work on nail holes, do some touch-up paint, and have the remaining office furniture/decor items ordered/delivered.
I didn't want to keep you all FULLY in suspense until the official reveal, so I created a mood board:
I love this and can't wait to see my fully finished office! Here's a breakdown of the items I selected:
1) I actually found a chair similar to this at the swap room in my town's transfer station (aka dump). It's in PERFECT condition! I contemplated reupholstering it, but once I placed it in my office, I thought it looked great as is.
2) My incredibly talented husband built my desk for me as a Mother's Day/birthday present 3 years ago. It's a sawhorse desk with a white base and a pecan-stained wood top. The desk I found for the mood board is very similar - just with a different type of top.
3) Going from carpeting in my office before the flooding to a harder surface, I knew I needed a new desk chair on wheels. I felt that this beauty fit the bill nicely. Now I just need to order it and get it here!
4) The rug I'm using in my office used to be in my living room. I bought it a few years ago at HomeGoods. This rug is very similar, AND is at a reasonable price point.
5) I knew I wanted a new accent table. I also knew I wanted a pop of color and something that wouldn't break the bank (because I've already spent enough on paint, flooring, wainscoting, and trim). This cute little table checks off all the checks on my list!
6) This is the paint I'm using above the wainscoting. It's Benjamin Moore's "Color of the Year", First Light. It is in stark contrast to the dark orange paint in the room when we first moved into the house, as well as the medium blue paint we had in the room before this office renovation project. With only a small window giving off natural light, I knew I needed a lighter paint color to brighten things up.
7) I picked this pillow to put on my free chair to add some additional modern vibes. I've still got to order this cutie and have it delivered.
8) I ordered a futon from WalMart about a year ago for my mini me design assistant. My husband and I thought it would be a great, versatile option for him to both sleep on and sit in as he gets older. He lasted maybe 6 months with it and then we decided to get him a proper matress/bed frame. I snagged the futon for my office and the rest, as they say, is history. The futon we bought is no longer available, but this sofa is an almost exact match.
9) I bought a clock at HomeSense for my office that has mid century modern vibes, so I wanted to include another clock that gives off those MCM vibes I love so much!
10) You may recognize this flooring from my $100 Room Challenge bathroom! We had about half a room's worth of flooring left, and I love it, so it was an easy choice.
Here's a quick round-up of the items in my mood board:
There you have it! I hope you enjoy my mood board and I can't wait to share the finished result of my home office! Until next time...
- Angela :)